Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Assert Yourself - How to communicate effectively
Why do work relationships break down? How can you get teams to communicate and collaborate effectively? What causes bullying? Only when people learn to value their own rights and the rights of others do they begin to work peaceably and productively together. This engaging e-learning experience will teach your staff how to have a positive influence on colleagues and customers, by expressing themselves in a direct and coherent manner that is respectful of others.
Employees have hundreds of interactions with other people each working day.
Encouraging key staff to undertake this training will open their eyes to others’ points of view, enable them to express themselves calmly, and focus on the task in hand.
This course is suitable for managers to learn to:
- Follow the six steps to assertiveness
- Avoid aggressive passive and manipulative behaviour
- Disagree without being disagreeable
- Give and receive positive feedback
- Say what you want
- What is assertiveness?
- The importance of assertiveness
- Deciding to be assertive
- ‘Loud’ aggressive
- ‘Quiet’ aggressive
- Identifying your tendency
- Positive image
- How to be assertive
- Asking what you want
- Saying ‘no’
- Dealing with non-assertion
- Development and learning
This course will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- The disadvantages of aggressive and passive behaviour
- The benefits of assertiveness
- The way in which you make your point is just as important as what you say
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- The ‘six steps’ to assertiveness
- Respect for others
- How to become an active team member
- Giving and receiving feedback