Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Be Assertive The Right Way
Course at a glance
- 30 mins
About the course
We’ve all had moments when we’ve failed to speak up for ourselves and said yes when we really wanted to say no. Luckily, assertiveness is a learned ability. It’s learned through practice. This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to become more assertive, taking control of your life in the process.
- What is assertiveness? If you want to learn how to be assertive – you first need to understand what it entails.
- The four types of communication – which one do you use most?
- Rights and responsibilities – being assertive really comes down to being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm, positive way.
- Foundations for change – in reality, the barriers that prevent us from being more assertive are in our own heads.
- “I” Messages - when you replace “You” messages with “I” messages you are able to provide feedback safely.
- The Bonsai Principle – like a bonsai tree, when it comes to assertive communication, less can be more.
- Non-assertive choice – an assertive person can decide not to act assertively.
- Assertive check-up – how assertive are you?
- How to say “No” – if you want to be successful you’re going to have to get comfortable with saying “no” from time to time.
Who is it for?
- Anyone tired of holding back in conversations.
- Anyone fed up of having people take advantage of them.
- Anyone with a quick temper who finds other people infuriating.
- Or anyone who’d like to learn more about what assertiveness actually is.
Learn at your own pace during this exciting animated explainer course. You can work through the entire course, or, because we know how busy life can be, you have the option to go straight to particular skills you’d like to work on.
If you’re not naturally assertive, it can take some effort. But being more assertive is not impossible.