Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Problem-solving: Tools and Methods. Part A
Managers have numerous problems to solve on a daily basis. To be effective, they need to clarify the problem, determine the probable causes and provide appropriate solutions.
In this module you are going to follow a method that will help you, through a succession of key steps and associated tools, to structure your ideas and thoughts and be more effective in your problem solving approach.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Produce a factual description of a problem and identify its root cause.
- What is a problem?
- Presentation of the "ACE" problem resolution method How to identify a major problem by the difficulties encountered (Pareto, decision matrix).
- Drawing up a factual breakdown of the problem (WWWWHHW method).
- Correctly identifying and selecting the causes that you need to address (fishbone diagram, root cause analysis).
- Through a case study, you will learn the step-by-step problem resolution method and how to use simple, practical tools.
- This case study will help you to identify the key principles of each tool, allowing you to transfer the method easily to your own context.
Anyone who wants to find a long-term resolution to a problem, individually or in a group.
This is one of two learning modules on this topic. On completion it its recommended that you progress to Part B.