Course at a glance
- 30-60 mins
About the course
Standard 10 – Safeguarding Adults is an important topic within Health & Social Care. Safeguarding Adults covers a huge amount of important information, policies and legislation.
This course is designed to provide you with all the information you need to understand your responsibilities to safeguard adults in your workplace.
- Shocking Statistics - In 2014 there were a recorded 104,050 safeguarding referrals in the UK
- Safeguarding and the Law – Review the key pieces of legislation that support safeguarding across health and social care
- Principles of Safeguarding – What does it mean to you? • What you need to know- Policy and Procedure and why you should always follow them
- Harm – What does it look like?
- Types of Abuse – Identify the types of abuse as well as the signs and indicators that they are happening
- Protecting People – Find out how you can reduce the likelihood of abuse occurring
- Risk Management – A clear complaints procedure reduces the likelihood of abuse
- Reporting Abuse – All suspicions and allegations must be followed up in a formal way
Who is it for?
Anyone in health and social care who works with patients, who for a range of reasons, may be less able to protect themselves from neglect, harm or abuse.
Learn at your own pace during this exciting animated explainer course. The interactive course allows you to navigate the different sections which include an animated explainer videos and quiz sections to test your knowledge. Each topic ends with a takeaway focusing on the main learning objective. If you’re in a rush, you can click on a specific topic you’d like to find out about – or alternatively you can watch the full course.