Course at a glance
- 10 mins
- 80% Pass Rate Required
About the course
As a consumer, have you ever used a service that didnt deliver? Bought an item online that never arrived or did not match its description? Or legally installed legitimate software that damaged your device? If you have, you might have wondered what you were entitled to from the seller or the service provider to rectify your problem? Any business selling goods or services, is required to provide a service and product of a reasonable quality. If they dont, theyre liable under the consumer rights laws.
The Consumer Rights Act replaces a number of laws with regard to businessto-consumer transactions, including the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. This course will help you understand the legislation and put it into practice where you work.
- Consumer Rights The legislation covers the sale and supply of goods; the supply of services; digital content and unfair terms. Case Scenarios Review and answer some common questions that pop up when thinking and talking about consumer rights.
- What if my service isnt up to scratch?
- What if a customer wants to cancel the service?
- I changed my mind. I dont want it anymore!
- What if the product I sold is faulty or doesnt meet expectations?
- What if the customer is outside of the 30-day right to reject?
- What about damage caused by digital content?
- What about delivery rights?
- Misleading or aggressive selling practice The Consumer Protection (Amendment) Regulations 2014 protect the rights of consumers harmed by misleading or aggressive selling practice.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Alternative Dispute Resolution, or ADR for short, helps consumers resolve disputes with goods and service providers independently, out of courts.
Who is it for?
The policy applies to all employees and it is your responsibility to understand the policy.
This consumer rights summary course is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to consumer rights, but rather a general overview of the key consumer rights, focusing on the most common issues. The interactive course includes animated explainer videos, characterful voice-over and easy to read slides. At the end of the course, youll find a short quiz. Its designed to help you understand the key insights and takeaways from the topic.