Five ways to Wellbeing
Course at a glance
- 10 mins
About the course
The 'five ways to wellbeing' steps are a set of evidenced-based actions researched by the New Economics Foundation.
They are based on simple things you can do every day to improve your mental wellbeing.
Because the things you do every day are so crucial to your overall experience of life, the five ways are a great place to start your journey to achieving high wellbeing.
The course has five short sections learners can work through, packed with tips and practical advice designed to improve overall mental wellbeing.
- Connect - There is strong evidence that indicates that feeling close to and valued by other people are fundamental human needs that contribute to functioning well in the world.
- Be active - Research shows that regular physical activity is associated with lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups.
- Take notice - Studies have shown that being aware of what is taking place in the present directly enhances your wellbeing. Savouring 'the moment' can help to reaffirm your life priorities.
- Learn - Continued learning through life enhances self-esteem and encourages social interaction and a more active life.
- Give - Individuals who report a greater interest in helping others are more likely to rate themselves as happy.
Who is it For?
The course is ideal for all employees regardless of position or company level.
This bite sized course includes a short animated explainer video as well as practical steps employees can follow to stay healthy and happy at work.