Learn how to solve problems effectively. No matter what job you do, or how senior a position you hold, one thing is certain - you will regularly be confronted with problems that have to be solved. This course will enable you to use a combination of analytical and creative skills to solve problems using a simple step-by-step process that can be used in any problem situation. By using a systematic approach to solving problems you will transform your skills in finding their root cause.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Set a problem statement which clearly describes the problem
- Analyse the problem in detail, both things which are wrong and those which are right
- Identify likely causes of the problem
- Identify the actual cause of the problem
- Use the creative thinking techniques of brainstorming, reversals, bug listing and herringbones in a problem solving context