Work smarter, not harder. Microsoft Project is a feature rich tool that will help a project manager plan, track, and control a project and facilitate communication.
This Microsoft Project course follows a project management process of Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring/Controlling and Closing. The intent of this structure is to help make the correlation of how and when you use Microsoft Project in the various phases of a project's life.
We take a hands on approach to train you in effective use of Microsoft Project. Through practical demonstration and a project to work through, the course will help you build confidence and capability. After all, the user must know how to make the most of a tool in order to realize its true value.
- Master the preparatory activities require to create and configure a project.
- Confidently execute and monitor project performance and identify where corrective actions is needed.
- Carry out the tasks required to close out your project.
- From beginners to experienced users looking to brush up on VBA
- Accountants, bookkeeppers, teachers, salespeople, managers, graduates. The list just doesn't end with Excel.
Section 1: Orientation
- Unit 1.1 - Introduction
- Unit 1.2 - Course Structure
Section 2: Initiation
- Unit 2.1 - Navigating Microsoft Project
- Unit 2.2 - Defining Your Project
- Unit 2.3 - Section 2: Plenary
Section 3: Planning
- Unit 3.1 - Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Unit 3.2 - Milestones
- Unit 3.3 - Task Duration
- Unit 3.4 - Task Dependencies
- Unit 3.5 - Assigning Resources
- Unit 3.6 - Section 3: Plenary
Section 4: Executing
- Unit 4.1 - Project Baseline
- Unit 4.2 - Updating Progress
- Unit 4.3 - Section 4: Plenary
Section 5: Monitoring and Controlling
- Unit 5.1 - Project Variances
- Unit 5.2 - Reports
- Unit 5.3 - Section 5: Plenary
Section 6: Closing
- Unit 6.1 - Closing the Project
- Unit 6.2 - Section 6: Plenary