From form to perform - The four stages of team development
First there's the getting to know you when everyone is on their best behaviour. But this is just the calm before the storm...
Discover the characteristics of a typical team as they learn to work together – and find out what it takes for a team to excel.
What you'll learn
This Ready to Go Fundamentals topic will help you:
- State all the stages of team development
- Describe the characteristics of a forming team
- Explain the challenges a storming team may face and why these can lead to failure of the team
- Explain the advantages of a team that reaches the norming stage
- Describe the characteristics of a performing team and why these teams succeed
- Describe why some teams experience an adjourning stage