Understanding problem behaviour
Problem behaviour can have a huge impact on your workforce. Negative and obstructive behaviours affect our drive and our sense of wellbeing and can leave us feeling distracted and demotivated. If allowed to continue unchecked in an organisation, they can lead to a drop in productivity, low morale, absenteeism, a rise in grievances and complaints and high staff turnover.
Developed in partnership with some of the UK's leading workplace psychologists, this course examines the impact of problem behaviour in the workplace and explains why tackling it should be a priority for employers and managers.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- The potential impact of obstructive or negative behaviours and the cost to organisations
- How to overcome our fear of addressing certain behaviours
- Techniques and strategies for tackling problem behaviour decisively and effectively
- The power of positive behaviour and leading by example
- Barry Winbolt - Trainer, mediator, psychotherapist and writer
- Linda Doe - MD, Apana Business Psychology Ltd
- Gordon Tinline - Business Psychologist, GT Work Business Psychology