Display Screen Equipment Workstation Assessment
Organisations with 5 or more desk-based employees need to analyse workstations, assess and reduce risks. This course ensures organisations comply with the Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Health and Safety Regulations. It will also help reduce absenteeism and injuries in employees, and improve staff well-being and performance.
Much more than just another DSE course, this course also includes extensive all-embracing information about posture. It provides learners with fundamentals on posture, as well as a practical manual on making adjustments to their workstation.
The course was designed in cooperation with leading expert Rachel Stevens from Optimum Performance Training Ltd, who has over 25 years' experience of providing posture training, DSE workstation assessments and musculoskeletal advice.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the importance of DSE workstation assessments
- Identify whether you are a high, medium or low-risk user
- Recognise the effects of poor posture
- Adjust your posture so you have a good posture while working
- Adjust your workstation to suit you
- Carry out a DSE risk assessment
Topics explored in this course:
- Health and Safety DSE Regulations
- DSE user risk levels
- Good and poor posture
- Step-by-step adjustments to workstations
- Workplace assessment
Anybody that works behind a computer for two or more hours a day