Child Sexual Exploitation
Sexual exploitation of children has been identified throughout the UK, with both victims and perpetrators coming from a range of social and ethnic backgrounds. It affects boys and girls. It is a form of sexual abuse and can have a serious impact on every aspect of the lives of children involved.
Everybody working with children and young people
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the nature, signs and indicators and risks associated to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE);
- Recognise the groups that are especially vulnerable to CSE and the types of exploitation activities;
- Understand the impact of CSE on children and their families;
- Understand the attitudes of victims of CSE and strategies to engage with children at risk of exploitation;
- Understand the principles of effective evidence gathering and record keeping;
- Understand how and when to refer and where to get additional information and support;
- Know legislation relating to CSE and policies and procedures within your own organisation.
Estimated learning time: 60 minutes.