Fire Safety Awareness
This is an introduction to fire safety. It gives advice on how to avoid fires and how to ensure people's safety if a fire does start.
Everybody working in non-residential settings
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Explain how a fire starts;
- Identify sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen;
- Understand the risks of a fire occurring;
- List the risks of a fire to people;
- Reduce and remove fire hazards (prevention);
- Dentify the signs and notices used for fire safety;
- Explain the steps to be taken when a fire starts;
- List the types of fire extinguisher.
Estimated learning time: 45 minutes.