This course is to help the Children and Young People's Workforce to positively support children and young people in gaining an understanding of the world of work and to gain a greater ability to identify and pursue successful routes into education, training and employment, within the context of the new requirements for young people to continue in education or training until the age of 18.
Everybody working with children and young people
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- To raise awareness around the 'Raising the Participation Age' agenda and current legislation and guidance.
- To support the Children &Young People's Workforce in raising aspirations and motivating children and young people.
- To help members understand their role in supporting children and young people in accessing opportunities, promoting a positive ethos and as role models.
- To enable you to better support children and young people's understanding of the World of Work and learning and career pathways, including using appropriate signposting.
- To promote good practice in supporting transition.
- To enable you to better support children and young people in developing the skills, attributes and attitudes needed to be resilient and successful in the modern workplace, training or education.
- To raise awareness of the additional or specific support that may be needed for children and young people who are at risk of not accessing education, employment or training including: looked after children, children with special educational needs and other vulnerable children and young people. To challenge stereotypes and discriminatory ideas around careers and career pathways.
Estimated learning time: 60 minutes.