Security and Terror Alerts
The 45 minute Security and Terror Alerts online eLearning course details the types of terrorist and security threats that can affect any working environment. Security threats can come in any different forms, such as phoned in bomb threats or packages, parcels or even luggage containing hazards that may be posted to a specific address or abandoned in public areas.
The most important part of minimising any security threat is being aware of the warning signs as well as being cautious and alert.
This course provides information on recognising the different types of security threats and how best to manage these threats, including how to implement the appropriate evacuation process when dealing with a terrorist attack.
The courses outlines what to do when a threatening call is received and what type of information should be taken from the call that will support a decision on whether to evacuate, assist the security services in locating the threat and give the police the best chance of catching the culprit.
Additionally when dealing with potentially hazardous packages, the SLAP and SALUTE processes are detailed.
In this training course employees will learn:
- To highlight the likely targets of security threats.
- To show the motivation behind security threats.
- To detail the types of security threats.
- To explain what information is useful to help police and other authorities apprehend those who make threatening calls.
Benefit to your Organisation
- To highlight what to look out for if you receive suspicious packages in the post.
- To show how to respond to suspicious parcels, luggage or vehicles in your workplace.
- To detail how evacuation for a security event might be different from evacuation for a fire.
Acts of terrorism are not confined to any particular area or region, they can happen anywhere. The Security and Terror Alerts course is targeted at any company who feels as though they could be at risk of a potential terrorist attack due to its location, strategic value or for any other reasons. Employees of these companies should have the appropriate level of knowledge to be able to prepare for and react appropriately to any security threat.