Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Emotional Wellbeing and Risky Behaviours
We all have a shared responsibility for the wellbeing and safety of young people. This course will help you understand why some children and young people (CYP) exhibit risky behaviours and what can be done to keep them safe. We aim to help practitioners learn more about children and young people's emotional wellbeing and the factors that affect this such as substance use, risky sexual behaviours and anti social behaviour (ASB).
Everybody working with children and young people
Objectives for the course are to enable learners to:
- Understand the problem today and is this new?
- Understand the factors that encourage risky behaviours in children and young people
- Understand who is best placed to deliver behaviour changes
- Understand the barriers to behaviour change
- Understand useful tips on how to deliver successful interventions
- Understand alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Understand emotional wellbeing
- Understand sexual health
- Understand common traps in rapport building with children and young people
Estimated learning time: 60 minutes.