Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Focusing on your priorities
During the course of a working day, you can often have the impression that everything you have to do is both important and urgent. But are all those tasks really a priority?
Its important that you know how to choose, from the various activities you have to complete, the ones that have to be done straightaway, those that you can put off until later and the ones you can delegate or even drop altogether. This means you have to be able to set priorities.
In this module, you will find a number of tools and strategies that can help you plan your activities by focusing on your priorities.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Take a step back from urgent tasks and refocus on your priorities.
- You will learn how to plan your long-term, weekly and daily priorities effectively.
- Differentiating between two key dimensions of priority-setting: urgency and importance.
- Using the CAUT (Critical Analysis of your Use of Time) matrix to clarify your priorities.
- Planning your activities in accordance with your priorities.
- Essential tools and strategies to help you prioritize and plan your activities, illustrated with concrete examples.
- Practical tips to help you avoid the classic time management traps.
Anyone who wants to regain control of their time when facing constant urgent tasks.