Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Managing Social Media in the Workplace
The growing use of social media has wide-ranging implications for the workplace. While it’s true that there are huge benefits to our highly connected society, its darker sides are also starting to be felt in areas such as data protection, freedom of speech, online defamation, time theft, cyber-bullying and the invasion of privacy- all of which pose significant risks for businesses and organisations.
Did you know that…
- 26 million people in the UK now have a Facebook account?
- 55% of workers confess to using social media sites for personal reasons while at work?
- Misuse of social media by workers is believed to cost Britain’s economy £14 billion every year in ‘lost time’?
This new learning resource from Skill Boosters examines the challenges and risks that social media and social networking tools pose for employers, looks at the law on virtual communication and provides guidance on how to manage social media use in the workplace.
- Look at how and why people use social media
- Examine the use and misuse of social media in the workplace and identify the
- Main risks for businesses and organisations
- Outline relevant strategies for managing social media and minimising any risks
- Help employees to use social media responsibly
- Provide the tools to draw up and implement your own workplace social media policy